Dr. Koray Feran (UK)
Speaker: The Peter Schärer Honorary Treatment Planning Session
Dr. Koray Feran (UK)
Koray qualified in 1989 from Guy’s Dental Hospital, winning the Final Year Prize for overall excellence and the S.J. Kaye Prize in Oral Medicine and Pathology. He remained at Guy’s for two separate House Surgeon appointments in Prosthetic Dentistry and Oral and Maxillofacial surgery until 1991 when he went into general practice in North London.
Between 1991 and 1993 he completed the Master of Science degree in Periodontology from Guy’s Hospital and at the end of 1993 passed examinations to obtain a Restorative Dentistry Fellowship in Dental Surgery from the Royal College of Surgeons of England.
He has since been in practice dedicated to quality dental care, having a special interest in multi-disciplinary cases that require detailed planning and co-ordination of several specialist branches of dentistry. Between 1996 and 1999 he provided surgical services in periodontics and implant dentistry to three prestigious practices in the Knightsbridge and South Kensington areas, and established his own practice in the West End of London from 1998.
In 2005 he founded The London Centre for Implant and Aesthetic Dentistry (LCIAD Ltd.) in Wimpole Street at the heart of London’s dental and medical community. He expanded LCIAD in October 2010 into new larger premises to establish a strong clinical team with in depth experience in the management and care of patients with complex dental problems.
Koray has undergone and continues to undergo extensive postgraduate education in several countries with world leaders in many fields of dentistry and dental technology as well as being a sought-after lecturer in his own right. He currently holds or has held the following posts:
- Clinical Director and lead dental surgeon at the London Centre for Implant and Aesthetic Dentistry (2005 -)
- President of the British Academy of Aesthetic Dentistry 2012-14. (Treasurer and Executive Committee member 2006-2015)
- Active Member European Academy of Aesthetic Dentistry (2015 -)
- Member and Executive Council Scientific Committee of the Scandinavian Academy for Aesthetic Dentistry (2014 – )
- Guest lecturer Edge Hill MSc in Dental Implantology (2015 – )
- London Committee Member for Association of Dental Implantology UK (2009-2013) and ADI mentor for dental implantology.
- KCL Alumni Committee and KCL mentor (2018 – )
- Member of the European Association for Osseointegration EAO
- Member of the British Society for Restorative Dentistry BSRD
- Lecturer and mentor Simple Steps (previously Simply Excellence) comprehensive dental implantology Year Course (2004 – )
- Course organiser and co-lecturer Sinus and Bone Augmentation Hands-On Cadaver Course at the Royal College of Surgeons of England (2008 – )
- System lecturer for Megagen Anyridge implant system (2014 -)
- Tutor and co-author for Association of Dental Implantology UK e-learning course (ARK) on treatment planning launched September 2010
- Secretary to the London Dental Fellowship (2006-2009) and President (2010-11)
- Member Dentsply Implants PEERS Group (2012-14)
- Master Speaker in UK and Europe for the Ankylos Dental Implant System Dentsply Implants, Germany (2005-2013)
- Editorial Team – The Dentist and Dental Update
- Editorial team of Dental Implant Summaries (2007-2010) and Implant Dentistry (2007- )
- Lecturer for Implant Programme, Salford University Implant Master’s Degree (2008-2012)
- Guest Lecturer Multi-System Implant Course, Trafford General Hospital, Manchester 2006-2011 and from 2016 –
Koray currently accepts referrals from colleagues for patients requiring detailed restorative dental care especially on cases with failed previous dental work. He is known for his successful multidisciplinary approach to dealing with complex cases requiring dedicated surgical and restorative branches of dentistry.
He also lectures both nationally and internationally on the subjects of surgical and restorative implant dentistry, the training of dental surgeons and their teams for implant practices and on the financial and business aspects of the provision of quality dental healthcare for individual patients requiring advanced dental care in private practice.